Blogging Tools at Blog Search dot com
We're working on new ways to increase the value of blogs for both readers and writers. Meanwhile, here are several of the most popular blogging tools organized by category. (Feedback welcome!)
(Most bullet lists are alphabetical.)
Blog reading tools ("RSS Aggregrators"):
Blog publishing tools:
- Blogger (and blogspot.com) - owned by Google
- Typepad (and blogs.com) - Moveable Type (Six Apart)
- WordPress.com - WordPress (Automattic)
- ... plus several more blog hosts listed on Google's Web Directory (DMOZ)
- Blogads "for opinion makers"
- Federated Media (fmpub.net) "support(s) independent website authors and audiences, by connecting them to marketers in an ongoing and robust conversation that feeds everyone involved"
These sites cover blogs and the mainstream media (MSM) articles they link to, often organized by broad categories. (ordered by estimated traffic)
Big picture: what does it all mean?
- My Pajamasphere site talks about how blogs provide an important check to the mainstream media, using Rathergate as an example.
is a starting point for searching blogs.
Feedback welcome! blogsearch -at- product architect -dot- com
Updated August 19, 2007. Copyright 2004-2007 by PreFab Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
by Elizabeth Castro
by Susannah Gardner
by Paul McFedries
by Hugh Hewitt
In association with Amazon.com